Entry 010: Project Proposal Presentation
I feel that I've made some really great progress with the first draft of my project proposal. I've been slowly building on it since the first workshop, and after some tutorial discussions with Debbie, I feel that I know what improvements I need to make before the first submission.
- I feel that my proposal has a strong aesthetic, design and structure.
- I'm really happy with the rationale and concept sections and I feel that they clearly explain my ideas.
- The Aims/methods section will naturally progress during the process of my project so this will be added to in time.
- The main area that I feel needs more work, is an addition into my concept section discussing the concept of 'light and dark'. I feel this idea has evolved and become a key part of my project and this needs to be reflected in my proposal.
Formative Assessment Reflection
After successesfully uploading my improved proposal for the deadline and presenting it in my first formative assessment, I also wanted to reflect on how I feel my presentation went.
- I felt that my presentation was very positive. I felt that spoke confidently and clearly explained my concept and ideas. I was pleased that Katherine felt I was confident and articulate.
- I was really pleased that they picked up on the design of my board and the images I had sourced
- I think Sean and Katherine, like Debbie, feel I could push the light and dark concept much MORE.
- In my own reflection I'm just disappointed that I forgot to mention/pick up on some of the key images on my board and discuss them more
- Perhaps I didn't speak enough about the concept of the emotional connection to jewellery/adornment.
- One element of feedback Sean and Katerine made, was that they felt initially, it came across that my plan may just be to do the same as before (e.g. create the same products) and simply refine these rather than create something new. I understand this feedback but I think It will become more clear when I start experimenting/ sampling/using different materials etc.
- The main feedback I received was to begin experimenting, sampling and push the use of new materials!!
- I also had some great advice from Katherine to explore the concept of 'gravity'.